Sometimes you just need an expert to ensure you are on the right path or help with strategic HR planning.
We can help you plan, resolve, avoid (litigation), recruit, retain, and grow based on our years of experience and expertise.
Other HR services include on-site management, payrolling (we W2 your contractors), skills testing/background checks, and our unique SmartStart programs.
Premierehire has HR Director-level staff who can do everything for you at a fraction of the cost of a full-time employee. There are advantages to having a high-level person providing hands-on support to create and maintain a smooth-running company. The main advantage is that you will have confidence that both the practical and strategic implementation of best practices in HR are being addressed. A secondary benefit is the transfer of knowledge and skills to your own team that will serve you well over time. The goal is to create the most positive and productive workplace possible and to do that, you need the most skilled and effective people in place, with the expertise and support when needed.
Examples of the services we provide include:
• Staffing, progression and succession planning
• Coaching of managers to ensure success in hiring, performance management and team development
• Position analysis and compensation plans to ensure effective hiring and retention
• Recommendations and/or assistance with hiring and orientation processes
• Notification of and requirements for upcoming labor law changes (local, state, federal)
• Payroll administration
• Recruitment and staffing
• Retained searches
• Leadership Assessments
• And more…
HR Consulting Services – retained, project based or hourly:
Most managers have times when they need to discuss their employment-related ideas and decisions with someone who can validate, suggest, or introduce new ideas to assist them. For many years Premierehire’s leadership has provided that function as a management partner to our clients.
Our consulting takes several forms—it may be a discussion over the telephone or a reply by email. It may be answering a simple question or providing the strategic plan to hire or resolve a staff issue. Sometimes we travel to the client’s office to assist with an interview and discussion in person.
We may handle the Unemployment Insurance paperwork for an employee in one state or provide a strategy for handling a chronically late employee in another. We may conduct a mediation session with two angry employees who need to work together or advise an employer which leaves of absence apply to someone out on workers’ comp leave.
It could be, and often is, about any subject you can think of that involves employees. When needed, we call our retained attorneys and get their advice—at no additional cost to our clients.
We work with companies in almost all industries and in all states. We have learned to ask good questions to move from problem presentation to what is really going on so we can be most effective.
Our goal is to have our client feel better off for having talked with us than s/he did before—more confident, more clear about next steps, and better educated and prepared for next time.
Project Based HR Solutions we provide include:
Job Analysis & Descriptions
There are some very good reasons for conducting a job analysis and writing a job description. Among them is the requirement by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to identify the “Essential Functions” of a job in order that people with disabilities can compete fairly in the labor market. Having written job descriptions meets this requirement.
The other very important reason is to ensure that all the stakeholders have thought through and agreed upon what a position is expected to accomplish, how it is to be accomplished, and over what time frame. With this information well documented it now becomes easier to identify the skills and type of person needed, attributes or work experience required, and the type of questions needed in an interview. It also enables the potential candidate to self-screen for fit and sets up clear job performance expectations for the new hire and stakeholders. All these factors will lead to improved productivity and increased retention, both of which have strong ROI impact.
To help you develop effective job descriptions we conduct interviews with key stakeholders, help gain consensus if needed, and, after feedback, provide the final written document. Our clients often only need to do this a few times with us to transfer knowledge and skills of how to build a good job description or we can keep helping to craft and write these.
Job descriptions can be used:
• During the hiring process. They can form the basis for questions asked during the interview of all applicants for that position. This helps keep interviewers on track asking job-related questions and increases the possibility that all applicants are judged based on the same criteria.
• During the performance appraisal process. Employees appreciate knowing what the expectations are that make up the evaluation process. If appraisals are tied to functions outlined in a job description, employees have a greater chance of meeting those expectations.
• To bring employees back from a workers’ comp leave or any other type of medical
leave. Because our job descriptions outline the physical requirements of the job, they can be given to a doctor to assist in the determination of when the employee can return to work.
• During an employee discipline situation. They can be used to clarify expectations and potentially assist in getting an employee back on track.
• During the termination process. They can substantiate the decision to terminate an employee due to performance reasons.
Compensation & Incentive Planning:
There is a variety of reasons why companies need extra help or information on compensation and incentive plans:
• New position is being created and you need to know what a competitive package is to ensure you are able to negotiate well with and secure top talent.
• Pay scales are changing as the economy evolves and, to ensure you keep top talent, you want to benchmark your programs against the market.
• Current incentive programs are no longer effective or meeting your needs and you want to better understand the market, and best practices in your industry.
Assessments & Coaching:
Our years of experience as recruiters and as HR consultants listening to the stories told by our clients about their experiences with employees has led us to try to find tools that will ensure better hiring decisions, better onboarding of new team members, managers supported to provide better coaching, and processes to help improve morale, engagement, and productivity.
Our assessment and coaching tools can support your managers in a variety of ways:
• Interview questions and candidate profiles can be built based on the profile of the manager they will be supporting.
• In depth assessments based on interests, needs and motivations can help an interviewer ask more in depth questions to uncover potential areas of concern or strength of particular significance to the job or culture requirements.
• Effectively on boarding a new candidate helping both them and their manager or team get to know each other faster and build open communication and trust from the start.
• Leadership coaching for new managers or managers who need support to more effectively engage and lead their team(s).
• Relationship improvement for key individuals who need to work effectively together but are struggling.
• Team and/or company culture development – moving a team to the next level of synergy and productivity.
• Outplacement services
The program behind all of the above services is called our Premierehire SmartStart Program. Learn More