According to the California EDD, the state unemployment rate fell to 4.2 percent in March, the lowest rate since September 2007. That is down 1.7 points from the previous year. On top of that, we are seeing strong private sector growth.
What does that mean for you when it comes to hiring your critical office and support personnel? You have a lot more competition for strong candidates and it takes longer to recruit and onboard employees who are a good skill match and cultural fit. On top of that, attracting and retaining Millennials who bring new expectations and viewpoints to the workforce is important to minimize the disruption of churn.
Using an outsourced professional recruiting team can reap many benefits including cost savings, better access to top talent, less administrative work, workforce flexibility, and a better-engaged workforce.
Here are 6 ways San Diego companies can benefit from engaging a professional recruiting firm:
We can help you be more successful in your hiring since we are in tune with employment trends, wage levels, law changes, and recruitment best practices – this is our core business. We know where and how to attract and recruit the talent you dream to have onboard.
2) Expanded & Better Talent Pool
It is getting harder to compete with larger businesses when it comes to pay, benefits, and recruitment tactics. As a result, smaller organizations are not considered or even seen by top talent. We bridge the gap by leveraging our buying power and recruitment reach thus transferring those benefits to you. Most important, we actively seek out the best talent, get their attention and promote your opportunity, thus getting above the noise of job advertising and increasing the likelihood of you securing top talent.
3) Cost Savings
Using our staffing services is a cost-effective option for many positions. Your cost savings will be realized by:
- Efficiency: Recruiting, screening and hiring a candidate takes a lot of time. Delegating these tasks to our experts will reduce the amount of time and expenses you spend on the hiring process. Engaging us will help you onboard your new team member quickly, thus reducing down time, strain on other team members, and lost opportunity from unfilled roles.
- Advertising dollars: Recruiting for top talent takes an investment in advertising dollars and social media efforts to reach your talent pool. We already have channels in place and are always reaching out to the talent you need. You can leverage our dollars and save yours.
- Try before you buy: a contract period can help to ensure you have a mutually productive fit. It better defines the trial period and reduces the cost and morale impact if ended.
- Convert Fixed Costs to Variable Costs: For some positions in your company, you could convert your “Fixed Employee Cost” to “Variable Employee Cost” and realize costs savings by quickly managing upturns and downturns.
- Recruitment fees spread out over time and included in headcount costs: The services and support provided are the same as a one-time search fee, but fees are lower and are included in the weekly timecard invoice. Your costs can end should your staffing needs change or you can convert them at no cost after the contracted hours.
4) Reduced Risk
When you engage a staffing firm, you get the talent but not the HR overhead. The employee reports to you but you have no liability for worker’s comp, payroll taxes, and unemployment claims. Plus we act as an HR manager for the new hires, helping with any HR matters that come up. Hiring through a staffing agency is also a better protection than hiring an independent contractor since justifying a 1099 can be challenging and, if audited, it can be very expensive.
Larger companies are already taking advantage of using contingent workforces to ramp up or down. As a small business owner, you have the flexibility to discontinue an employee once your work is complete. You can quickly downsize without going through painful layoffs and upsize with just a phone call to us. We already know what you need and have potential candidates in our pipeline.
We have a unique assessment tool that helps hiring managers quickly get to know their new hires and help them start doing great work fast. Feel free to ask more about this.
Bottom line, working with professional recruiting support will help you stand out and compete in the thriving economy, attracting the best and brightest that San Diego has to offer.