Global consumer packaged goods (CPG) company with a broad range of brands in lifestyle and sports categories is expanding and needs a VP of New Product Development to lead a growing team in Carlsbad, CA.
The VP New Product Development will oversee the development of all new products, ensuring strategic, consumer focused innovation across all brands. The VP of New Product Development will provide input throughout each stage of the NPD process and will ensure effective procedures and processes throughout the design, development, and production process.
- Lead the overall vision and strategy and oversee the day-to-day management of the development processes across brands
- Provide input on three-year roadmap and strategy for each brand, with a goal of providing a cross-brand & category expertise on new product opportunities
- Develop and oversee a team that leverages brand blueprints and consumer insights to drive an innovative product pipeline; pull priority ideas into the NPD process
- Set and ensure adherence to an organization-wide New Product Development calendar, with authority to update and prioritize as needed
- Manage the Lead Project Manager and Industrial & Engineering Design Manager
- Oversee and provide input throughout each stage of the NPD process; ensure consistent communication between Project Managers, Brand teams and consumer insights
- Collect product ideas and visions from Brand teams, Product Line Managers; translate visions into formalized product development processes
- Oversee Product Request Forms
- Set timeline for New Product Development processes and re-prioritize the development pipeline as needed; communicate timeline to Brand teams
- Review new product concepts to validate that they effectively address highest priority customer and consumer needs
- Provide input on whether a product should proceed to the next phase of the NPD process
- Address and alleviate roadblocks in the NPD process
- Encourage a culture of appropriate risk-taking, mitigating a “fear of failure” mentality when it comes to new product ideas
- 8 plus years work experience in consumer goods product development and management
- High intermediate demonstrated skill with Microsoft Excel regarding spreadsheet report generation and analysis
- Photoshop capable and Intermediate level skill set with other Microsoft Office products and applications
- Proven experience in analyzing and presenting product design, development and cost benefit results
- Experience reading, interpreting, editing tech packs, CADs, and designs
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask in fast-paced environment
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and good interpersonal skills
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive pay based on experienced
- Attractive benefits package including matching 401k and gym membership
- New office quarters in beautiful Carlsbad, CA
- Insert the JOB TITLE in the subject line of your email with your resume.
- Tell us why you would be a good fit.
- Upload your resume on our site by going to Apply Online (upper right hand corner on the home page)
- Any questions please email Leanne or call 760-579-0248.
Premierehire is the recruiting arm for an exclusive base of extraordinary companies in San Diego County helping them find and engage top talent for full time career opportunities. We work closely with you to ensure the opportunity is a good fit and to provide you with the tools and preparation for a great new hire experience.
If you are interested in being considered for other opportunities, please Apply Online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.