A well-established, growing consumer goods organization in San Diego, CA seeks a Director of Marketing to head up their new business sector. The Director of Marketing will be responsible for conceptualizing and implementing market strategy and achieving targets. Included in these responsibilities are: managing and implementing promotion packaging as a branded distributor, wholesale, and direct to consumer initiatives. The majority of the marketing is to a diverse retailer base and finding new distribution opportunities.
Salary: $120,000 + 15-20% bonus potential
• Develop marketing plan, strategies, and tactics to achieve goals.
• Build, develop and manage a marketing team capable of carrying out the necessary marketing strategies and tactics.
• Research market potential and implement new product lines and promotion plans.
• Provide leadership, direction and management of the market research function.
• Working closely with procurement, develop promotional plans and pricing to move product.
• Ensure that marketing communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and are an effective expenditure of resources.
• Develops all marketing, sales correspondences and ensures interaction and cooperation with sales on the creation and updating of scripts, price lists, product fact sheets, and other collateral materials.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or ten (10) years of relevant experience,
• Strong negotiating skills, pricing, terms, returns, first look
• Thrives in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, working to maximize market share in new product lines.
• Experience supporting retailers where consumer and product education is required.
• Strong leadership, communication skills and problem resolution skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Excel and Outlook
• Responsible for being knowledgeable of and acting in strict accordance with the requirements of all relevant laws, regulations, and Company policies, including, among other areas, Food and Drug Administration regulations.
• Responsible for seeking instructions should your familiarity with such laws be deficient as you will be held accountable for your behavior and that of any subordinates. (FDA statement)
2. Insert the job title in the subject line of your email with your resume.
Premierehire is the recruiting arm for an exclusive base of extraordinary companies in San Diego County helping them find and engage top talent for full time career opportunities. We work closely with you to ensure the opportunity is a good fit and to provide you with the tools and preparation for a great new hire experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.