We are looking for an accounting professional who is keen to learn and grow their career in a thriving construction company. This well-established company is based in Escondido, has a good reputation in a niche market, and is run by a well-liked and effective CEO/ founder. This company is passionate about their transparent, trusting and engaged employee culture.
This is a mid-level position reporting to the Controller. The main responsibilities include AP, payroll and a variety of projects. Most projects require basic project management, organizing skills and general best practices to ensure compliance in reporting and tracking.
The successful candidate will be keen to learn, ask questions, document, organize projects and processes, be able to multi-task and negotiate priorities, care about the details, appreciate being of service to the field, and ensure the company is running well. This client wants to empower you with good training, a positive work environment, and great benefits. Every year, based on company performance, all employees are eligible for a bonus.
Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours: M-F, 7:30-4:30 or 7-4
Pay range: $26 to $30 per hour DOE
Location: Escondido, CA
• Processing payroll in ADP
• Review timecards weekly, input payroll bi-weekly, and perform post auditory payroll tasks
• Periodically perform GPS audits to confirm time is being entered accurately by team members
• Process Accounts Payable (print, match and data entry of vendor invoices to include verification of approvals and file pending payment and paid files)
• Issue job purchase orders for operations daily and set up job codes with budgets in financial system
• Organize and take ownership of vendor, client and lease contract folders. Manage subcontractor contracts.
• Track and ensure required technical training for operations in scheduled and completed and that certifications are renewed.
• Order office supplies and various other field required items as needed
• Manage vendor relations for the office such as office equipment, internet and security
• Business or Accounting Degree required
• Knowledge of Accounting GAAP principals
• Knowledge of CA wage and hour laws as it pertains to processing payroll
• Proficient in payroll processing, AP, Sage 100 (or similar), and Excel
• Able to manage multiple projects and negotiate priorities and deadlines
• Organized, good project management skills, able to problem solve and ask questions.
• Keen to become a valued team member and expand your areas of expertise.
This employer is looking for a someone wanting a long-term opportunity where they are a significant contributor to the effective operation of the company and who shares their values of a positive, transparent, supportive, get it done work environment where family, fairness and trust are important.
2. Insert the job title in the subject line of your email with your resume.
Premierehire is the recruiting arm for an exclusive base of extraordinary companies in San Diego County helping them find and engage top talent for full time career opportunities. We work closely with you to ensure the opportunity is a good fit and to provide you with the tools and preparation for a great new hire experience.
If you are interested in being considered for other opportunities, please Apply Online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.