Growing company in North County San Diego is in search of a talented Director of Merchandising to lead and direct team to the next level of success. Must be capable of working in a fast paced, emerging industry. Some travel required.
Salary: $120,000 - 150,000 annually (15-20% bonus potential)
- Responsible for developing company's buy plan to support the sales plan
- Mentoring and developing the merchandising team on thought processes to analyze and forecast buys, purchase replenishment and manage inventory.
- Manage merchandising plan process
- Manage an OTB open-to-buy plans
- Responsible for review of purchases, analytics and forecasts with buyers, ensuring consistency and strategic alignment
- Partner with VP of Sales to develop a clear understanding of our customer and product strategies.
- Assist in maintenance of margin goals and optimum inventory
- Analyzes merchandise performance and recommends adjustments to support the business trends through a focused clearance process
- Assist management to maintain company margin goals and optimum inventory
- Bachelor’s degree preferred - or ten (10) years of relevant experience,
- Previous experience in merchandise inventory management, forecasting and OTB
- Strong analytical skills and conceptual skills required to analyze data, identify trends and evaluate risk.
- Strong math skills and proficient in MS Excel and ability to use proprietary software
- Commercial and product knowledge a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced and emerging industry
- Excellent negotiating skills on pricing, terms, returns, first look
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Problem solving and conflict resolution
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Responsible for being knowledgeable of and acting in strict accordance with the requirements of all relevant laws, regulations, and Company policies, including, among other areas, Food and Drug Administration regulations
2. Insert the job title in the subject line of your email with your resume.
Premierehire is the recruiting arm for an exclusive base of extraordinary companies in San Diego County helping them find and engage top talent for full time career opportunities. We work closely with you to ensure the opportunity is a good fit and to provide you with the tools and preparation for a great new hire experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.