An emerging San Diego, CA (North County) Government Contractor requires an experienced Controller with Government contracting experience that will report directly to the CEO. This organization has current and developing contracts projecting a rapid growth over the next three years. A minimum of 5 years’ experience as corporate controller for a Defense contractor is a must. Experience required in Government Contracts and cost accounting in the following types of contracts: Cost Reimbursement, IDIQ, Competitive, CPFF, CPAF, Firm-Fixed Price. This is a tactical and leadership position with the opportunity for expansion to the role to Chief Financial Officer. Excellent benefits program in place. Looking to hire asap. Interviewing the week of Nov 5.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Accounting systems for Government contracts.
- Prepare and present financials and associated reports.
- Manage the A/R, A/P, P/R, general ledger and collection function.
- Coordinate outside audits with outside independent auditors and regulatory agencies (DCAA), oversee preparation of required items.
- Establish and maintain accounting procedures and controls and monthly accounting calendar.
- Support proposal activity and help to create pricing responses to RFP and RFQ’s.
- Assist with the executive of M&A activity.
- Participate in the development of short-and-long range planning.
- Limited travel required – 2-4 times per year.
Requirements of Ideal Candidate:
- Government contract accounting experience, Cost accounting standards and FAR/DFARs knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Controller with a Defense contractor.
- FFP, T&M and Cost-plus Contracts experience
- Experience with hands-on preparation and review of incurred cost submissions and forward pricing rates
- Financial Statement preparation
- Must be a fully involved manager and be able to work harmoniously with employees and other management personnel.
- Must have good knowledge of general accounting theories, principles and practices with a solid knowledge of Government accounting.
- Experience using Unanet software is preferred.
- Prior Supervisory Experience
- Experience with M&A execution would be ideal
- Experience in both a small and large organizations with the capacity to build and grow.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Questions please call Stephanie at 760-579-0248
- Insert the job title in the subject line of your email with your resume.
- Tell us why you would be a good fit
Premierehire is the recruiting arm for an exclusive base of extraordinary companies in San Diego County helping them find and engage top talent for full time career opportunities. We work closely with you to ensure the opportunity is a good fit and to provide you with the tools and preparation for a great new hire experience.
If you are interested in being considered for other opportunities, please Apply Online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.