A global data privacy SaaS and data protection systems solution provider needs a technical support person for their US Head Office in Carlsbad, CA. Our client’s innovative privacy and security software serves over 50% of the top European and several global companies and is expanding quickly in the US. This is a great opportunity to contribute and learn, while being supported by an experienced technical support team in Europe. The client welcomes less experienced applicants who have demonstrated they can learn fast but requires a base knowledge in a few of the key areas. Ideally you will have 3+ years of IT, client support, and/or network administration support. It would be advantageous to know SQL server, SQL Reporting services, IIS, VPN solutions, and Office 365.
Type: Full time, M-F, 8-5
Competitive pay and benefits.
- Provide customer support mainly by telephone, VPN, TeamViewer and occasionally on site
- Input and manage all inbound requests – resolve or escalate tickets as required.
- Support the process to install software products on the customer’s servers. Manage a secure connection, set up SQL server and SQL reporting services.
- Support for general IT and IT administration tasks including management of software upgrades, VPN management, VOIP services, conversion to MS Teams.
- Further development of company business processes and methods
- Maintain communication with other internal and external project participants, especially in international projects for shared information, best practices and support.
- Good communication skills with customers and team members
- Be an effective team member
- Good IT knowledge (see below the list of all the technology and tools that the company works with both for successful client installs, management of their SaaS products, and internal tools). All this experience is not required but you should have exposure to some and experience in at least a few key ones like SQL server, SQL reports, VPN set up/security, MS Office 365, MS Server or ASP.NET.
- Knowledge of privacy and data protection. Ideally holds CIPP Certificate from IAPP or similar.
- Good English (both written and spoken) to help with basic support documentation.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience and certifications.
- Insert the job title in the subject line of your email with your resume.
- Please identify from the list below the technologies that you are experienced or familiar with plus any similar tools.
Outlined below is a list of technical skills that would be of value in this role. There is no expectation you will have everything but a combination of some will enable you to contribute with your experience and learn.
1 Technical skills
- Windows operating systems (Windows 7, 8, 10, Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016)
- Install the OS
- Enable Windows features
- Install/Uninstall software
- Read and analyze Windows event log
- MS Office
- MS Teams
- Configuration files
- NET Core
- Internet information services (IIS)
- Install/Enable IIS
- Configure Websites/Web applications
- Application pools
- Configure https
- Read/analyze IIS logs
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and newer
- Tools/SQL Server Management Studio
- Backup/Restore databases
- Configure Logins/Database users
- T-SQL (Select, Update, Delete, Join, etc.)
- SQL Reporting Services installation
- SQL Reporting Templates
- Windows Server Administration 2016 or newer
- Windows Server Hyper-V
- Active Directory (Users, Groups, Group Policies), DNS
- MS Exchange
- MS Lync
- MS DPM
- Azure Administration
- Azure Infrastructure (Azure Resource Groups, Azure Virtual Network, Azure VPN Gateway, Azure App Gateway)
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure SQL
- Azure Backup
- Exchange 365 Administration (Mailboxes, Groups, Transport Rules)
- Sharepoint 365 Administration
- Watch Guard Firewall
- Firewall configuration
- Branch Office VPN configuration
2 Soft skills
- Analyzing of software and installation issues
- Phone support
- Email support
- Teamwork ability
3 Other Tools & technical skills that would be good to know
- MS CRM – current project needed to update version
- Project to convert from MS Lync to MS Teams in all 3 countries
- Sip gates or VOIP phone systems
- Content management Systems
- CSS knowledge
- C# understanding
- Software architecture
- OWAS or Web access security
- TLS, SSL, SaaS Security
- IT Security, security tokens
- CIPP Certificate from IAPP
- Privacy experience
- Installation of Software, IIS, Webservices, Online services, Databases
- Install ware
- Team Foundation Server
- Virtual Machines
- Hyper V
- Software testing, Test plans, penetration testing
- Project management
Premierehire is the recruiting arm for an exclusive base of extraordinary companies in San Diego County helping them find and engage top talent for full time career opportunities. We work closely with you to ensure the opportunity is a good fit and to provide you with the tools and preparation for a great new hire experience.
If you are interested in being considered for other opportunities, please Apply Online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.