Our San Diego, CA client (Sorrento Valley) is seeking a full time CNC Setup Technician that supports production and quality. This individual is expected to setup 3 -5 axis CNC Routers and Mills and run production of plastic parts. This is for 3rd shift, Mon. to Fri. Full time.
Title: CNC Setup Technician – 3rd Shift
Position: Direct Hire or Contract to Hire
Location: San Diego, CA (Sorrento Valley)
Hourly Wage: $24 to $28 per hour
Hours: Monday – Friday (3rd shift) 10:00PM – 6:30AM
- Operate CNC machines including Mill and Lathe
- Perform setups per set up sheets / tool list
- Enter commands or manually adjust machine controls to correct malfunctions or out of tolerance machining
- Save and update program files
- Set up programs which optimize machine output while achieving maximum efficiency
- Set up 3 to 5-Axis CNC, setting zero and reference points, tool registers, and offsets
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and sketches
- Minimum of 2 years CNC setup and know how to edit a CNC program
- Be able to understand and follow design intent behind a trim fixture
- Work within tight tolerances
- Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting; taking measurements; defecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools
- Adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes
- Able to work with minimal supervision, both alone and in teams.
- Experience with Solidworks for verification of dimensions needed
- Mastercam knowledge a plus
- Questions please email or text Stephanie at 760-846-5169
- Insert the job title in the subject line of your email with your resume.
Premierehire is the recruiting arm for an exclusive base of extraordinary companies in San Diego County helping them find and engage top talent for full time career opportunities. We work closely with you to ensure the opportunity is a good fit and to provide you with the tools and preparation for a great new hire experience.
If you are interested in being considered for other opportunities, please Apply Online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.