Position: Direct Hire or Contract to Hire
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Hourly Wage: $30/HR – $35/HR+ (DOE)
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in tool room environment within injection molding/plastics experience preferred
• Medical device manufacturing experience preferred with knowledge of ISO 9001 & 13485 practices
• Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills to interact with peers and management
• Demonstrated ability to perform basic math computations
• Capable of reading and understanding Engineering drawings and GMP documentation
• Must be knowledgeable of CAM software packages to generate geometry and tool paths.
• Must be capable of lifting and handling 50-pound mold components.
• Ability to operate all tool room equipment (milling machine, surface grinder, lathe, EDM sinker) proficiently
• Must be able to work in a production environment, with frequently changing priorities
• The ability to solve practical problems from instructions written, oral or diagram
• Conduct repairs, modifications and improvements to molds as required.
• Through knowledge of mold hot runner systems
• Maintain records to capture all tooling repairs and maintenance activities.
• Design and Manufacture jigs and fixtures as determined by engineering, quality or production
• Design and manufacture effective electrodes for vertical EDM machine.
• Responsible for good housekeeping (5S practices) and keeping the department clean and well organized.
• Participate in the design, fabrication and commissioning of molds for new products
• Participate in creating a culture of cooperation, support and overall team success.
1. Reply to this ad
Premierehire is the recruiting arm for an exclusive base of extraordinary companies in San Diego County helping them find and engage top talent for full time career opportunities. We work closely with you to ensure the opportunity is a good fit and to provide you with the tools and preparation for a great new hire experience.