Well established Carlsbad company is looking for the ideal bilingual candidate who will be able to work in a fast paced office environment as a Certified Pharmacy Technician.
Title: Bilingual Certified Pharmacy Technician
Type: Full Time, Monday-Friday
Pay: $16 - $18 / Hr. DOE
• Thoroughly reviews prescriptions for authenticity and completeness. Consults pharmacist if there is any doubt.
• Creates and prints labels for Pharmacy products due to ship.
• Fills prescription for pharmacist review under the direct supervision of the pharmacist. Obtains pharmacist check 100% of the time prior to packaging prescription items for shipping.
• Completes all computer data fields, when entering prescriptions into HDMS patient profiles for pharmacist review. Notifies pharmacist of any duplicate product entries.
• Aids Pharmacist in clarifying prescriptions for completeness and clarity.
• Is courteous, professional and detail-orientated while communicating with patients, caregivers and prescribers’ offices.
• Records all communication with patients, caregivers or prescribers’ offices into the patient profiles.
• Does not consult patients about their prescription products.
• Contacts long-term care facilities to arrange delivery of test strips and lancets; bills the items via FSI; prints prescription labels and delivery paperwork; fills and ships products.
• Regularly communicates with Shipping Manager to maintain adequate stock in Pharmacy.
• Reviews, signs and dates invoices/packing slips for deliveries to the pharmacy, and obtains pharmacist co-signature 100% of the time.
• Restocks shelves. Cycles inventory by placing older expiration dates in the back or using First In First Out, under supervision of pharmacist
LICENSE / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Current and unrestricted state Pharmacy Technician license. License must be valid and maintained and is subject to verification at any time.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED preferred
• Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred
• Solid reading, writing and mathematical skills, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Knowledge of diabetes is a plus
• Clear diction and knowledge of the English language, both written and verbal
• Work history of excellent attendance and punctuality
• Bilingual in Spanish (read, write and speak) preferred
• Confidence in learning new computer programs quickly.
• Database data entry experience preferred.
- Insert the job title in the subject line of your email with your resume.
- Tell us why you would be a good fit
Premierehire is the recruiting arm for an exclusive base of extraordinary companies in San Diego County helping them find and engage top talent for full time career opportunities. We work closely with you to ensure the opportunity is a good fit and to provide you with the tools and preparation for a great new hire experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.