Position: Part Time (9-2 or M-Th - 25-32 hours)
Location: San Diego, CA (UTC area)
Hourly Wage: $20.00/HR - $24.00/HR
This position will work directly with the Controller and will be primarily involved with managing the company’s payables, booking company-wide travel, processing employee expense reports and serving as a back-up to the front desk.
- Manage company’s payables by collecting vendor invoices and entering into Accounting system.
- Gain familiarity with vendors and maintain good communication and working relations. Proactively work through any potential issues.
- Perform check run on a bi-monthly basis. This consists of generating the AP Aging report listing all items due, determining which invoices need to be paid, cutting checks, attaching backup, getting checks signed and sending them by the appropriate date.
- Serve as the main point of contact for booking travel for co-workers who go on trips to visit clients, licensees’ facilities, tradeshows, etc.
- Become adept in booking airfare and hotels for both domestic and international travel. Help identify the best price and itinerary.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to collect expense reports following a trip, audit for accuracy and code to correctly in the Accounting system.
- On a monthly basis, assist in preparing client invoices in order to bill back expenses made on their behalf (travel, shipping, storage, etc.).
- Help keep the financials updated by posting transactions to the general ledger when available.
- Serve as back-up to front desk when needed by helping screen and direct calls.
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting, reconciliations and investigative work as requested.
- Help identify opportunities to improve workflows and streamline processes.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred
- Fundamental Accounting knowledge
- Experience with Accounts Payable is strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and skilled in Excel
- Experience with Sage 100 / MAS 90 is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing. Emails are clearly worded.
- Team player with professional demeanor, positive attitude and willingness to help.
- Dependable, detail-oriented and meets deadlines. Takes initiative and sees things through to completion.
Premierehire is the recruiting arm for an exclusive base of extraordinary companies in San Diego County helping them find and engage top talent for full time career opportunities. We work closely with you to ensure the opportunity is a good fit and to provide you with the tools and preparation for a great new hire experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.