If not consider doing so. There are new features that will help you showcase your skills and knowledge, build out your brand, serve and grow your audience, and contribute as a thought leader in your areas of expertise.
LinkedIn Creator Mode was launched in 2021, has been improved, and provides added tools different from a regular LinkedIn profile. These include:
1. Featured Content: With Creator Mode, you can choose up to five pieces of content that you want to showcase at the top of your profile. This could include articles, posts, or videos that highlight your expertise and interests.
2. Profile topics: Select up to 5 topics that will be displayed in your Profile Introduction to show your audience what you talk about most as hashtags. Hashtags are searchable on Linkedin. This is one search method that is under utilized by users on both sides of the search equation on LinkedIn. This is a nice feature and will increase in importance if hashtag use ever does really catch on with LinkedIn users.
3. Customized Call-to-Action (CTA): In Creator Mode, you can choose a CTA that appears prominently on your profile, directing visitors to your website, portfolio, or other relevant content.
4. More Emphasis on Followers: Creator Mode emphasizes followers over connections. This means that your content can be seen by your followers and your connections, which can help you build a more engaged audience. (Note anyone who makes a connection request automatically becomes a follower.)
5. New Stickers and Backgrounds: Creator Mode offers new stickers and backgrounds that you can use to customize your profile and make it more visually appealing.
6. Expanded Analytics: Creator Mode provides more detailed analytics about your content, including data on views, engagement, and audience demographics. This can help you track the success of your content and make informed decisions about what to post in the future. However, becasue of how it aggregates different types of views it is not that helpful.
7. And the biggest advantages – Creator tools. These tools include:
• Newsletters (Great tool that eliminates the headache of managing your own newsletter system, it tracks clicks to read, and it notifies followers of a new issue.)
• LinkedIn Live – huge time saver for highly desirable video content creation
• Audio Events – haven’t tried yet
• Follow link – so people can just follow you without having to make a connection request. Follows now count the same in the LI algorythm.
Overall, Creator Mode is designed to help users build a stronger personal brand on LinkedIn and showcase their expertise in a more engaging way. It is particularly useful for freelancers, consultants, and other professionals who want to market their skills and services on the platform.