A global SaaS company is looking for a Director of Sales in San Diego, CA to build their US team and expand their international success to the US market. This is a ground level opportunity with an already proven business solutions provider with clients in over 55 countries. The SaaS product line simplifies the management of complex business processes, with applications specifically designed to address digital asset management, board management, governance risk & compliance, and knowledge management.
The company’s exceptional customer service enables them to boost year after year the highest customer retention rate in the industry exceeding 95%. This reputation has enabled them to capture the attention of and sign on national and international brand name companies and several large universities.
Supported by an experienced marketing, service, and product development team, plus a small sales team that has already established a base of clients in the US, the opportunity to grow the US market is undisputed. The question is, are you the leader and player we are looking for to capitalize on this success to date and make the US a $100m plus market?
To engage the right leader to grow US sales and a build a strong team in San Diego, CA, the company is offering a very competitive base, commission, and benefits package.
This position will report to the VP Sales North America and will serve as both the Director of Sales US and the business leader for the US head office in San Diego, CA
• Based on board budget, achieve sales targets by developing a national sales plan, which includes direct sales, online sales, reseller sales for new business, renewals and upsells.
• Hold weekly sales meetings and monthly plan and review meetings with BDM’s and AM’s.
• Initially, will directly manage 3 staff: 1 SDR, 2 BDM’s and new hires as positions are required. Nurturing, coaching, training and performance management
• Liaise with marketing team about coordinating sales and marketing efforts.
• Provide on-going coaching and product training for individual sales reps and AM’s on pipeline management, selling against competitors, value selling, and reporting.
• Improve or introduce new systems and processes that will improve sales metrics such as: Average Sales Cycle Length, Average Sale Price, Renewal Rate, New Vs. Recurring Revenue, Win Loss Ratio.
• On-board new hires.
• Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
• Review all major contracts and RFP submissions before they are submitted.
• Assist BDM’s and AM’s with negotiations.
• Direct sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
• Direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations for all members of your team.
• Establish market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
• Represent company at trade association meetings to promote the product.
• Meet with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
• Drive relationships with all key, strategic accounts.
• Develop and implement strategic key account plan, and ensure AM’s achieve touch point, sales and upsell goals.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly sales reports analyzing results by BDM, AM and overall, noting key trends.
• As this is a player-coach role, adding to the overall budget, you will also be responsible to bring in sales.
• Lead San Diego office from a general management perspective.
1. Business Acumen.
2. Communication Proficiency.
3. Customer/Client Focus.
5. Presentation Skills.
6. Problem Solving/Analysis.
7. Results Driven.
8. Strategic Thinking.
9. Technical Capacity.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Periodic travel is required.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or business administration or equivalent number of years of experience
2. Ten (10) years of related experience with progressive management experience.
Premierehire is the recruiting arm for an exclusive base of extraordinary companies in San Diego North County helping them find and engage top talent for full time career opportunities. We work closely with you to ensure the opportunity is a good fit and to provide you with the tools and preparation for a great new hire experience.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status”.