Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Pay: 85K-95K DOE
Location: North County, San Diego, CA
Description: A local, large scientific instruments manufacturing company is seeking a full time manufacturing engineer to provide troubleshooting and support to the production floor. Experience specifically in adhesives and bonding procedures (semi-automated and manual) is an absolute must. The company offers a competitive compensation and benefits plan, including medical/dental, 401K plan, stock plan, on-site gym, paid sick/vacation, and many other benefits.
· Evaluate processes for efficiency and efficacy.
· Develop improvements in the way manpower, machines, and resources are utilized.
· Design and standardize methods to improve quality.
· Assist with production situations.
· Train associates and technicians in methods, products, tooling, and costs.
· Implement “Lean” processes throughout Operations and other departments.
· Challenge engineering designs when product designs are necessary.
· Support and/or lead development and cost improvement teams and Lean events.
· Create, test, and implement better methods in bonding and potting work areas.
· Improve cost-effectiveness in production and design.
· Increase capability and production volume while maintaining/improving standards of quality .
· Other projects and duties as needed.
· BS in Engineering or similar field with at least 8 years’ experience in manufacturing or process engineering.
· Strong background in bonding and potting operations, including experience with epoxies and urethane (where bond integrity is critical); includes, but is not limited to, materials such as aluminum alloys, titanium, ceramics, etc.
· Strong background in in electromechanical assembly and test environment.
· Experience with implementing and leading Lean Kaizen events/Lean teams, including reduction in waste and cost, and improvement in control.
· Experience with various pressure test equipment and methodologies.
· Experience specifically in adhesives and bonding procedures (semi-automated and manual).
· Experience successfully working in cross-departmental teams.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Ability to lift 40 lbs.
· Experience with SolidWorks is preferred.
· Must be a Permanent Resident or US Citizen.