Title: Civil Engineer/Project Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Pay: $75,000-$80,000 DOE
Premierehire’s client is a small engineering company looking for a civil engineer, preferably a project engineer. It is in a small office environment. This is a temp to hire position; permanent employment offers health insurance, 401K, dental and vision insurance, and profit sharing.
- The position would mostly deal with residential subdivision land planning and civil design.
- The position involves land development including water, sewer, drainage, grading, site layout, plan and profiles.
- Follow projects from start to finish and make any necessary changes along the way.
- Analyze process for completing the construction every step of the way.
- Take part in and use include chemical testing applications, drafting and design software, electrical test devices and equipment, land surveying techniques and the metric system.
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations.
- Undertaking complex and repetitive calculations; compiling job specs and supervising tendering procedures.
- Liaising with clients and a variety of professionals including architects and subcontractors.
- Scheduling material and equipment purchases and delivery; managing budgets and project resources.
- Ensuring projects run smoothly, and are completed within budget and on time.
· Proficient in AutoCAD 2004.
· Experience with Municipal Utility Districts preferred.
· Experience with Houston Codes and Regulations is desired.
· Ability to understand written and verbal instruction and work with minimal supervision.
· Above average communication skills.
· Excellent problem solving capabilities and analytical skills.