Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Pay: 60K – 80K a year
Summary Description: Our New York based client is looking for an experiencedmechanical engineer that has an emphasis in drafting.
· Work with customer & vendors to make proper equipment selections & design related concerns.
· Prepares detailed layouts of major machine components and detailing of individual parts as required.
· Responsible for handling design and production assignments through detailing and construction of documentation in preparation of manufacture.
· Generates part numbers and bills of material as required.
· Confers with engineers to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and meet required schedules and to provide technical information.
· Assists Design Drafters and Mechanical Designers in developing structural design of product, using drafting tools or computer-assisted design/drafting software.
· Review detail drawings for dimensional accuracy and adherence to established standards and specifications.
· Complywithall work rules, including those that pertain to safety and health.
· Travel to customers and other locations.
· Obtain on site measurements to complete necessary tasks assigned.
· Work with shop personnel relating to manufacturability and resolution of design; build discrepancies, quality & delivery matters.
· Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business.
· Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology or related degree
· Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Knowledge and experience in AutoCAD, 3Dmodeling & FEA.