Medical Billing Specialist opportunity in Sorrento Valley, CA with a health services company with career potential. The primary function of this position is to reconcile claims, including complex claims, for payment as per Explanation of Benefits from Health Plan Payors for 2-step accounts.
Position:Contract up to 6 months
Location: Sorrento Valley, CA
Hours: Monday thru Friday – 7:00am to 3:30pm
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 to more years with claims processing, computer, typing, 10 key and telephone skills preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel helpful
- 2 years or more of data entry experience (10-key 7000 keystrokes per hour – minimum / Alpha Numeric 11,600 keystrokes per hour - Minimum) and working knowledge of the computer keyboard.
- Familiarity with Managed Care, HMO, and PPO health plan provisions
- Makes calls to Health Plans to check status of claims which may include payment or underpayment
- Able to pass a comprehensible background check if an offer is extended and accepted
- Able to pass a drug and alcohol screen
- Upload your resume to:www.premierehire.com
- Insert the job title in the subject line of your email with your resume.
Premierehire in partnership with a large preventative and proactive health care provider and insurer is expanding their team to serve their growing client base. This client prides themselves in the quality of their work environment, the professional development opportunities they offer, and the career potential for motivated employees.